Commonwealth Games: how will the triathlon medals fall?
2. European Championship. Glasgow. August 9, 10 & 11
The Euros come to Strathclyde Park as part of a new multisport festival that includes swimming and golf and will be aired on the BBC. Learmonth, 29, will want to defend the title she won in Kitzbuhel last year, and should be suited to the testing course.
3. World Triathlon Mixed Relay Series. Nottingham. June 7
With the two-man, two-woman mixed relay receiving the greenlight for Tokyo 2020, qualifying begins on a Thursday evening on the banks of the River Trent. Expect the British quartet to be firmly in the mix.
4. World Triathlon Series. Leeds. June 9 & 10
South Yorkshire plays host to top level racing for the third straight year. The Brownlees finished one-two in 2016 and 2017 as crowds lined the city centre streets. A hill immediately out of T1 instantly break up the race and will also suit the strong swim-bike talents of Britain’s Learmonth, Coldwell and Lucy Hall.
5. Ironman 70.3 World Championships. South Africa. September 1 & 2
The middle distance world championship could become the Brownlee v Gomez duel that never was in Rio 2016 (Javier Gomez broke his elbow a month before the Olympics). A renewal of the rivalry for Ironman Hawaii clashes to come.
6. World Triathlon Series Grand Final, Gold Coast. September 12-16